Introducing OFEG TECH
To aid the development of OFEG from a pure ship barter organisation to one that is also capable of delivering state of the art marine scientific facilities across all OFEG platforms, through interoperability of large equipment, adoption of common working practices, harmonised mechanisms, protocols and tools.
What are the objective's of OFEG-TECH?
- As the OFEG concept has matured and expanded, the opportunity for barter of major equipment has increased.
- To assist in the further development of major equipment barter within OFEG the right people at the right level in each organization need to be engaged.
- OFEG-TECH was set up to provide the forum for the required communication and networking to support the development of major equipment barters and to improve cooperation between the OFEG partners.
- Improving knowledge of each others organizations also allows each organization to benefit from new experience and knowledge which can be used to develop our own internal technical capabilities.
- To develop an understanding of each others organization, structure and contacts.
- To identify and develop the opportunity for exchange of knowledge and experience.
- To investigate the potential for ‘bilateral training' and technician exchange.
- To identify common problems and elevate them to the OFEG/European level.